This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
Is there anything better than good friends AND good food together? NO. Is there anything better than keto jalapeño poppers? NO. Is there anything better than a bacon cream cheese jalapeño poppers recipe that is naturally low carb? Again, the answer is NO!! These easy jalapeño poppers are a crowd-pleaser, simple, good-for-you, and of course, delicious!
Baked jalapeño poppers make fun snacks any time of year, but especially in the fall. In the midst of football season, they’re undoubtedly a favorite party food. And they will fit right into your next tailgating party. Or any party, for that matter. (Pair them with low carb zucchini fries or other low carb appetizers!)
You know what’s even better? These baked jalapeño poppers come together with just 7 ingredients, ten minutes of prep, and fifteen minutes of patience while you wait for them to bake so you can sample one.
Time-Saving Trick For Bacon Jalapeño Poppers
My cream cheese jalapeño popper recipe features a quick shortcut, yet manages to pack tons of flavor.
One of the reasons that these easy baked jalapeño poppers are so simple is that you use bacon bits!
Brilliant, right? No stuffing the jalapeños and then wrapping them up like you have to do for bacon wrapped jalapeño popper recipes. Just press bacon bits into the tops instead.
Not only is it faster, but these easy jalapeño poppers also give you a crispier bacon. And crispy bacon is the best bacon, am I right?
How To Make Jalapeño Poppers In The Oven
Once you see how simple it is to make these keto jalapeño poppers with bacon bits and cream cheese, you’ll probably want to whip some up to enjoy right now. Don’t say I didn’t warn you!
Here’s how to make baked jalapeño poppers:
- Mix together the bacon cream cheese jalapeño popper filling. Stir together the cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, green onions, cilantro, and garlic.
- Stuff the jalapeños. Fill the jalapeño poppers with cream cheese and bacon mixture.
- Top with bacon bits. Sprinkle the baked jalapeño poppers with the bacon bits, lightly pressing the bacon bits into the cream cheese so they stick.
- Bake your keto jalapeño poppers. Bake the cream cheese jalapeño poppers until the bacon is crispy and browned.
Don’t miss my tips below and your poppers will be perfect.
How Long To Bake Jalapeño Poppers?
These baked jalapeño poppers take just 15 minutes in the oven. We’re cooking them at 400 degrees F, so that they cook quickly!
Tips For The Best Jalapeno Poppers
I do have a few additional tips to help you make this easy jalapeño poppers recipe even easier!
- Wear gloves. The first thing you need to do is wear gloves when you handle the jalapeños. The capsaicin in them can irritate your skin, or worse, if you touch your eyes later it will sting like crazy; the seeds are the worst part. Wash your hands well after you assemble the bacon cream cheese jalapeño poppers, even though you are wearing gloves. Trust me on this one!
- Pre-cook the bacon. Make sure your bacon is cooked first if you’re using fresh bacon. I like to make bacon in the oven. Otherwise, you can use pre-cooked bacon bits which is part of what makes this cream cheese jalapeño popper recipe so very simple.
- Decide what to do with the stems. When you prep the jalapeños, you can remove the stems if you want or leave them on. It’s totally up to you! The seeds and stems add extra spice, so if you prefer them a little milder, simply scoop them out while you’re prepping your jalapeños.
- Soften the cream cheese. Set your cream cheese out ahead of time. It’s going to be way easier to mix it if it’s room temperature.
- Don’t toss the extra filling. The exact amount of filling you need will vary a bit depending on the size and shape of your jalapeños, but the amounts in this cream cheese jalapeño popper recipe are pretty spot on. If you have any extra filling left, you can use it as a spread on low carb crackers. (Some people might even make extra just for the dip…ahem).
Are Jalapeños Keto?
Yes, jalapeños are keto! One jalapeño pepper has just 4 calories and less than 1 gram carbohydrates.
These low carb keto stuffed jalapeño peppers have only 0.7 grams net carbs each! See the recipe card for full nutrition stats.
Benefits Of Keto Jalapeño Poppers
Jalapeño peppers contain a chemical called capsaicin, which is what makes these baked jalapeño poppers hot… and healthy. Capsaicin has serotonin-boosting properties, boosts metabolism, contains antioxidants, and combats inflammation, too (*, *, *).
Are those enough reasons for you to try these keto stuffed jalapenos? Probably. But how about the total “wow” factor of smoky bacon and gooey cheese?! Um, yes, please.
When you serve this bacon cream cheese jalapeño poppers recipe, no one will even think about the fact that they are a low carb healthy food! Seriously, everyone just inhales these whenever I set them out along with a cheese ball appetizer.
With bacon, cream cheese, and that jalapeño kick, those are the flavors that people notice – and love. That’s just what you’re looking for when you need a low carb appetizer to bring to, or serve at, a tailgating party. Not only will you get to enjoy these keto jalapeño poppers, but everyone else will, too.
Can You Make Bacon Cream Cheese Jalapeño Poppers Ahead?
This keto jalapeño poppers recipe is also great because you can make it ahead. Make the filling and put together your baked jalapeño poppers up to a few days ahead.
You can keep them in the fridge, then bake them when you’re ready to serve. They may take just a bit longer if you bake them from the fridge. Mix together the bacon cream cheese poppers filling and slice and prep the jalapeños. You can even stuff them and top them with the bacon and then bake right before serving.
How To Store Baked Jalapeño Poppers
It’s unlikely that you’ll have leftovers (I mean, who is going to leave even a single one of these bacon cream cheese jalapeño poppers sitting on a tray?), but if you do, you can just store them in an airtight container in the fridge and bake them to reheat.
Can You Freeze Jalapeño Poppers?
Yes! Another great thing about these easy jalapeño poppers is that you can flash freeze them and have them on hand for sudden cravings or surprise company.
To freeze the jalapeño poppers before baking, simply make them up, put them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze them until solid. Just make sure your bacon bits are firmly anchored in the cream cheese mixture, so they don’t fall off.
After that, put them in a freezer bag and pull them out to have fresh baked keto jalapeño poppers whenever you want! Bake them in the oven when you’re ready.
Another option is to bake them first, which works equally well. Reheat them in the oven – you don’t even have to thaw them before baking. This method will bake a little faster after freezing, since you pre-baked them first.
More Low Carb Keto Bacon Recipes
If you like this cream cheese jalapeño popper recipe, you might also like some of these other keto low carb bacon recipes:
- Parchment Paper – Lining your pan with parchment paper is a great trick to use. Cleaning-up after making these bacon and cream cheese jalapeño poppers is is so easy when you use this trick.
- Baking Sheet – This baking sheet is my absolute favorite. It’s perfect for this delicious recipe.
- Bowl – These bowls are always being used in my kitchen. They come in multiple sizes which makes them great for all types of recipes.
Reader Fave Keto Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers also made these similar recipes after making this one.
Keto Bacon Cream Cheese Jalapeño Poppers Recipe
See how to make baked jalapeño poppers with a time-saving shortcut! This easy, keto bacon cream cheese jalapeño poppers recipe needs just 7 ingredients + 10 minutes prep.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Click or tap on the image below to play the video. It’s the easiest way to learn how to make this recipe!
Click underlined ingredients to buy them!
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
- 6 medium Jalapeno (sliced lengthwise and seeded)
- 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 3 oz Cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 cup Green onions (chopped)
- 2 cloves Garlic (crushed or minced)
- 1 tbsp Fresh cilantro (minced)
- 1/4 cup Bacon bits (pre-cooked)
RECIPE TIPS + VIDEO in the post above, nutrition info + recipe notes below!
Click on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (204 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
In a small bowl, stir/mash together the cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, green onions, cilantro, and garlic. (You can heat a bit if the cream cheese is too hard.) Fill the jalapeno halves with the mixture. Place onto the lined baking sheet.
Top each jalapeno popper with about a teaspoon of bacon bits, pressing lightly into the cream cheese filling.
Bake about 15 minutes, until the peppers are soft and the bacon on top is crispy.
Nutrition info is per popper, but you could easily have more as a serving.
Serving size: 1 jalapeno popper
Video Showing How To Make Jalapeno Poppers:
Don’t miss the VIDEO above – it’s the easiest way to learn how to make Jalapeno Poppers!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Amount per serving. Serving size in recipe notes above.
Total Carbs 1g
Net Carbs 0.7g
Where does nutrition info come from? Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the USDA Food Database. You can find individual ingredient carb counts we use in the Low Carb & Keto Food List. Carb count excludes sugar alcohols. Net carb count excludes both fiber and sugar alcohols, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. We try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations.