Most people enjoy their asparagus cooked, but did you know the longer you cook asparagus the more nutrients it loses? That is why in this recipe raw (uncooked) asparagus is used as the base of the salad. It’s a great alternative to the lettuce, spinach, and spring mix salads and boasts a lot more vitamins and minerals!
This salad is a crunchy one, with the raw asparagus slices mixed with toasted walnuts and topped with a savory lemony dressing! You are sure to get a crunchy bite every single time!
Yields 4 servings of Keto Asparagus Walnut Salad
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 20 ounce asparagus spears
- 1 medium lemon, juice + zest
- 2 teaspoon chili-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Measure out and prepare all the ingredients. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Put the chopped walnuts on the baking sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes or until they are a light golden brown in color.
3. Wash the asparagus spears and cut off the fibrous ends (discard the fibrous parts). Then, thinly slice the asparagus spears at an angle.
4. In a bowl, combine the lemon juice, lemon zest, chili-garlic paste, salt, and avocado oil.
5. Add in the grated parmesan cheese and stir well until combined.
6. Plate the cut asparagus spears and the toasted walnuts.
7. Top with the dressing, toss lightly, and serve. Enjoy!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Asparagus Walnut Salad. Each serving comes out to be 298 calories, 26.2g fat, 5.5g net carbs, and 10.3g protein.
|0.50 cup walnuts||341||34||7.2||3.5||3.7||7.9|
|20.00 ounce asparagus spears||113||0.7||22||11.9||10.1||12.5|
|1.00 medium lemon||24||0.3||7.8||2.4||5.5||0.9|
|2.00 teaspoon chili-garlic paste||15||1||0.7||0.1||0.7||0.8|
|1.00 teaspoon salt||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|0.25 cup avocado oil||482||54.5||0||0||0||0|
|0.50 cup grated parmesan cheese||216||14.3||2.1||0||2.1||19.3|
|Per Serving (/4)||298||26.2||10.0||4.5||5.5||10.4|