Coffee is the ultimate keto companion. Not only does it boost energy levels, but it promotes ketosis as well. You can even turn your hot morning cup into a cold refreshing beverage with one simple ingredient: ice.
With this keto recipe, we’ll show you how to have keto iced coffee without leaving the house. You’ll also learn simple tricks you can use to make it tastier, healthier, and cheaper than anything you can get at Starbucks or Dunkin’.
Keeping Your Iced Coffee Keto
There are two ways to have your favorite coffee drink on keto: make it yourself or buy it from your local coffee shop (with the help of our drink ordering guide).
To cut costs and carbs, your best option is the DIY approach. With just four keto ingredients, you can make most of your favorite coffee refreshments, from a simple iced coffee to a keto frap, in minutes.
Top Keto-friendly Tips to Customize Your Iced Coffee
Iced coffee can be made in various ways depending on your budget, time, keto goals, and flavor preferences. This is why we’ve included a list of tricks you can use to make keto iced coffee exactly the way you want:
- Iced coffee on a budget. If you want to cut costs as much as possible, it isn’t necessary to use every ingredient on the list. Feel free to skip the stevia and use only 1-2 tbsp of heavy cream. If you enjoy the taste of coffee without the cream, try having your black coffee on ice with no other additions for the most budget-friendly option.
- Save time with cold brew. By using cold brew coffee (or previously-cooled coffee), all you have to do is take it out of the fridge, pour over ice, and mix in your preferred ingredients. With this method, you can make keto iced coffee in 60 seconds or less.
- Blend in more ketosis-boosting fats. To further enhance ketone production and energy levels, try blending MCT oil and/or coconut oil with your black coffee before pouring it over ice. This is one of the many ways to make your coffee bulletproof.
- Add your favorite keto-friendly flavorings. If you have sugar-free liquid vanilla or cinnamon extract, or any other sugar-free flavorings at home, try mixing in a few drops.
- Blend it for a quick keto frap (blended iced coffee). To transform your coffee into a refreshing frap, put your cooled coffee, ice, and the other iced coffee ingredients into the blender and blend it to your desired texture. You can also enhance the flavor by adding sugar-free flavorings, keto creamers, and spices (like pumpkin pie spice) before blending.
What Can I Use Instead of Stevia or Cream for my Keto Coffee?
If you are looking for a sweetener to use other than stevia, I recommend using a liquid keto-friendly sweetener or a powdered low carb sweetener from our sweetener guide. These will mix best with your iced coffee.
Once you’ve chosen your preferred sweetener, use our keto sweetener substitution chart to find the right replacement ratio for stevia.
When it comes to coffee creamers, heavy cream is ideal for keto and mixing with iced coffee. That being said, If you are looking to use something that’s flavored or dairy-free, make sure to double-check labels for added sugars.
For a list of keto-friendly heavy cream alternatives, follow this link to our coffee creamer article.
Yields 1 serving of Iced Keto Coffee
- 1 cup coffee
- ice cubes, to preference
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 5 drops liquid stevia
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
1. Brew the coffee to your preferences and how you normally make it. Allow the coffee to cool down to at least room temperature.
2. If you want it quicker, you can add ice cubes but if the coffee was hot, it will dilute the coffee. You can alternatively chill the coffee in the fridge or freezer and not use ice cubes.
2. Add heavy cream, liquid stevia, and (optionally) vanilla extract.
3. Mix together and enjoy!
This makes a total of 1 serving of Iced Keto Coffee. For the serving, it is 160 calories, 16.1g fat, 1.5g net carbs, and 1.6g protein.
|1 cup coffee||2.4||0.1||0||0||0||0.3|
|3 tablespoons heavy cream||152||16||1.2||0||1.2||1.3|
|5 drops liquid stevia||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract||6.2||0||0.3||0||0.3||0|