Classic Philly cheesesteaks are delicious, but they can be rich and hard to digest. This recipe is just as moreish without any of the associated guilt.
Classic bread wraps are high in carbohydrates and add a ton of calories to a dish. But you won’t even miss the bread with these lettuce cups! Fresh lettuce is crispy, crunchy, and utterly refreshing, making it a fantastic carb substitute on a warmer day or whenever you’re craving something lighter. Lettuce is also a great source of fiber, folate, and vitamin C to help keep your body healthy.
The cooked onion and bell peppers contrast nicely with the fresh lettuce and warm, juicy skirt steak. The steak tastes best when lightly seared as the edges get slightly charred and crispy, which brings out the savory flavors in the meat.
The recipe calls for shredded provolone, which has a rich, sharp, and slightly salty flavor. It works well with all the ingredients, but feel free to substitute it with a cheese of your choice. Make sure to choose a cheese that melts well as the cheese will be cooked with the skirt steak.
This recipe is fun to make and eat, making it a great dinner or lunchtime option for the whole family. Scoop as much mixture as you would like into each lettuce cup before enjoying. To keep for leftovers, store the beef mixture in a container and warm up when needed.
Yields 4 servings of Keto Philly Cheesesteak Lettuce Cups
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 16 ounce skirt steak, thinly sliced
- 1 cup provolone cheese, shredded
- 8 medium butter lettuce leaves
- 3 tablespoon fresh parsley
1. Measure out and prepare all of the ingredients.
2. Heat half the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add in the onion and red bell pepper. Season with salt and pepper. Sautee this for about 5 – 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet and set aside.
3. Heat the other half of the butter in the skillet. Add the skirt steak to the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Cook the steak on both sides for about 2 – 4 minutes.
4. Once the steak is cooked to your standards, add the onion and bell peppers to the pan. Stir together well.
5. Add the shredded provolone cheese to the skillet. Put a lid over the skillet and let cook until cheese starts to melt.
6. Place the lettuce leaves on a plate and spoon the steak mixture on each lettuce leaf. Garnish with parsley. Enjoy!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Philly Cheesesteak Lettuce Cups. Each serving comes out to be 499 calories, 36.4g fat, 3.8g net carbs, and 36.9g protein.
|4.00 tablespoon butter||407||46||0||0||0||0.5|
|1.00 medium onion||38||0.1||8.8||1.6||7.2||1.3|
|1.00 medium red bell pepper||36||0.4||6.9||2.4||4.5||1.1|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|16.00 ounce skirt steak||1077||66.2||0||0||0.0||112.6|
|1.00 cup provolone cheese||430||32.6||2.6||0||2.6||31.3|
|8.00 medium butter lettuce leaf||5||0.1||0.9||0.4||0.4||0.6|
|3.00 tablespoon fresh parsley||4||0.1||0.7||0.4||0.3||0.3|
|Per Serving (/4)||499||36.4||5||1.2||3.8||36.9|