Step into an Italian summer with this Tuscan Butter Shrimp recipe. It’s fresh, flavorful, and incredibly versatile—eat it by itself or over some cauliflower rice or zoodles.
All fish and shellfish are keto-friendly and low in carbohydrates. In particular, shrimp has 0 grams of net carbs while being packed full of protein to keep you satiated. It is also a low-calorie seafood option, making it an excellent choice for people looking to shed some extra weight.
The light taste of the shrimp pairs perfectly with the buttery, garlic-infused sauce, which coats the shrimp and enhances their flavor. Add in some cherry tomatoes for a slightly sweet, slightly sour bite and a generous portion of spinach. Both the cherry tomatoes and spinach add in much-needed freshness which cuts through the buttery sauce.
Adding broccoli also ups the veggie content. Broccoli is high in plant-based protein and is full of fiber to keep your digestion working well and your body healthy. It also contains lots of vitamins, including vitamin A, C, and K. Don’t forget to squeeze some lemon over the top and garnish with extra basil before serving!
This recipe is perfect the way it is, but if shrimp is not your favorite protein, you can also substitute it with another seafood, like salmon or other types of fish. The Tuscan butter shrimp also keeps well in the fridge for leftovers the next day.
Yields 4 servings of Keto Tuscan Butter Shrimp
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 16 ounce shrimp, peeled + de-veined + tails removed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 3 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 6 ounce cherry tomatoes
- 8 ounce broccoli
- 3 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1 medium lemon, sliced + for garnish
1. Measure out and prepare all of the ingredients.
2. Over medium to high heat, in a skillet add the olive oil. Toss the shrimp in the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook until opaque then remove from skillet.
3. Melt the butter in the skillet over medium heat. Once the butter has melted, stir in the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add in the cherry tomatoes and broccoli. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Add in the spinach and let cook until it starts to become wilty.
6. Add in the heavy cream, grated Parmesan and basil. Stir to combine well. Turn to low heat and let simmer to allow the sauce to thicken.
7. Stir in the shrimp with the other ingredients to reheat them.
8. Garnish with basil. Serve immediately and enjoy!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Tuscan Butter Shrimp. Each serving comes out to be 428 calories, 31.8g fat, 6.8g net carbs, and 29g protein.
|2.00 tablespoon olive oil||239||27||0||0||0||0|
|16.00 ounce shrimp||386||2.3||0||0||0||91.2|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0.0||0.0||0||0.0|
|4.00 tablespoon butter||407||46||0||0||0||0.5|
|3.00 teaspoon fresh garlic||13||0||2.8||0.2||2.6||0.5|
|6.00 ounce cherry tomatoes||31||0.3||6.6||2||4.6||1.5|
|8.00 ounce broccoli||79||0.9||16.3||7.5||8.8||5.4|
|3.00 cup baby spinach||21||0.4||3.3||2||1.3||2.6|
|0.50 cup heavy cream||405||42.8||3.2||0||3.2||3.3|
|0.25 cup grated parmesan cheese||108||7.2||1||0||1||9.6|
|0.25 cup fresh basil||1||0||0.2||0.1||0.1||0.2|
|1.00 medium lemon||24||0.3||7.8||2.4||5.5||0.9|
|Per Serving (/4)||428||31.8||10.3||3.5||6.8||29|