Just one pot orzo with tomato sauce & calamari
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 400g chopped tomatoes in tin
- ½ cup basil leaves chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon carob syrup or agave + ½ tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 250g medium total wheat orzo
- 1kg calamari rings ( 500gr chopped in 3 cm items and 500gr in rings)
- Salt pepper
- 2 cups warm h2o
- 2-3 tablespoons basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a significant cooking pot above medium-substantial warmth.
- Add the minced garlic and cook dinner for a minute stirring with a wood spoon. Incorporate the chopped tomatoes from the tin and stir. Include 50 % of the chopped basil, vinegar, carob, honey, onion powder & stir.
- Add calamari pieces and rings, stir and cook dinner for 2-3 minutes.
- Decrease heat to medium. Stir in the orzo and prepare dinner for a moment, stirring sometimes.
- Pour in the hot drinking water minor by little stirring continually with a wooden spoon. The orzo will take in it quickly. It normally takes about 15 minutes for the orzo to prepare dinner this way and turn into al dente. Not as well soft when you bite it. Include the relaxation of the chopped basil leaves.
- So, the moment you have stirred in all the h2o and the orzo has cooked to al dente, take the pot off the warmth and enable stand for a couple of minutes. The extra orzo sits the much more it absorbs the sauce so will not fear if the sauce will not look as thick. It will get there even if it can be eliminated from the warmth.
- Provide orzo with plenty of freshly ground pepper, drizzle with olive oil on major with basil leaves.
(Visited 379 times, 4 visits now)